On this episode I am honoured to spend time talking to John Motz - Mindbody Online’s Senior Vice President & GM, of Fitness & Integrative Health
John joined the Mindbody team in 2020. He is a technology-savvy leader with significant experience in SMB and Enterprise SaaS software. His management philosophy includes utilizing creativity to design strategies and execute solutions that create products and services customers love. During his time at Intuit and ADP, John developed valuable experience managing global product development teams and collaborated with large local field sales teams and global channel sales organizations.
As a product leader, John’s passion is to empower teams to make fast decisions based on customer and market behavior. Part of his DNA includes ensuring his teams have a learning mindset and are encouraged to fail and learn fast.
We talk about:
- His leadership style at Mindbody Online
- The importance of great customer intuition customer empathy and understanding the customers needs.
- The importance of understanding sales in any business
- To trust your gut and believe yourself
- How Mindbody launched their virtual platform in 9 days
- We touch on the new Mindbody features: sub schedules, new insights, messenger.ia,
- How community is the class builder
- Why would a yoga company choose Mindbody?
- He shares a funny story about when he finished college
- And what is on his Spotify list!
For so many of my clients, it’s been a bit of a roller coaster and many have been wanting more connection to support one another. To honor that need and continue to support both studio and solo yoga practitioners, I’ve created a community focused on the business side of yoga. And it’s FREE! I’m calling it Yoga Biz Camp and I’m in the soft launch phase. It’s INVITE only and I’d love to have you join us!You’ll be an early member and help us set a cooperative culture for our group. You’ll get access to video interviews, all of my business resources, and teachings for new and more established yoga businesses, both solo and studio. I would like to invite you for EARLY ACCESS right now.Head over to www.YogaBizCamp.com or apply and I will send you a private invite link so you can join other like-minded yoga practitioners as they also build their businesses and help more folks in the world benefit from yoga! Hope to see you on the inside!To apply for FREE entry for this space head on over to http://www.YogaBizCamp.com Follow me on Instagram at http://www.instagram.com/yogabizchamp