On this episode I am honoured to spend time talking to John Motz - Mindbody Online’s Senior Vice President & GM, of Fitness & Integrative Health
John joined the Mindbody team in 2020. He is a technology-savvy leader with significant experience in SMB and Enterprise SaaS software. His management philosophy includes utilizing creativity to design strategies and execute solutions that create products and services customers love. During his time at Intuit and ADP, John developed valuable experience managing global product development teams and collaborated with large local field sales teams and global channel sales organizations.
As a product leader, John’s passion is to empower teams to make fast decisions based on customer and market behavior. Part of his DNA includes ensuring his teams have a learning mindset and are encouraged to fail and learn fast.
We talk about:
- His leadership style at Mindbody Online
- The importance of great customer intuition customer empathy and understanding the customers needs.
- The importance of understanding sales in any business
- To trust your gut and believe yourself
- How Mindbody launched their virtual platform in 9 days
- We touch on the new Mindbody features: sub schedules, new insights, messenger.ia,
- How community is the class builder
- Why would a yoga company choose Mindbody?
- He shares a funny story about when he finished college
- And what is on his Spotify list!
MICHAEL JAY YOGA & CONSULTING
AND YOGA BIZ CAMP
Michael Jay is a yoga studio business consultant and podcast host with a background in marketing and over 13 years of experience owning a successful yoga studio. As a certified business consultant, Michael specializes in helping businesses open, purchase, and grow profitable and sellable yoga studios. Whether you are just starting out or looking to take your business to the next level, Michael can help you navigate the challenges and opportunities of the yoga industry. Michael is committed to helping businesses build productive yoga communities and develop effective systems for driving growth. With Michael's expertise and guidance, you can be confident that you have the support you need to succeed in the competitive world of yoga studios. In addition to consulting, Michael also hosts the Yoga Biz Camp podcast, featuring conversations with successful studio owners and industry leaders.
BOOK A FREE COACHING CHAT WITH ME
BOOK A FREE STRATEGY SESSION WITH ME